Check in time
CHECK-IN TIME is after 4 pm EST and CHECK-OUT TIME is before 10 am EST. No early check-in or late check-out unless agreed to by the owner in writing. Check-in is not permitted until your rental account (including deposit) has been paid in full). Fee for late checkout will be $50 per ½ hour late checking out. Keys to the unit are provided in a coded lockbox on the premises. The code to the lock box and gate code to Barrier Dunes will be provided the day before check-in unless other arrangements have been made with owner/agents.
This is a NON SMOKING unit. Smoking is only permitted outside on the porches with all doors and windows closed and all smoking material should be properly and safely disposed of. If you smoke in the rental or there is a smoke odor in the rental from doors being left open while smoking the fee will be $300. Evidence of smoking in the rental will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid and will result in additional cleaning fees to Guest as Excess Damage Cost.
Well behaved dogs are permitted ONLY in pet friendly units with a pet fee(s) and a signed pet addendum. Unauthorized pets will be grounds for eviction with no refund. Cats or other pets are never permitted.
Upon making your reservation, we must receive your security deposit within five days. The deposit automatically converts to a damage deposit once you check in and is not refundable if you cancel this reservation. The deposit is NOT applied towards rent and will be put in an interest bearing account to benefit the owners/agent; however, it is fully refundable within 30 days of departure provided the property is left in a reasonable clean condition and all the conditions below are met:
- No damage is done to this unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear that is reported to us prior to check out or with a note on counter for housekeeper about the situation that needs to be corrected.
- No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets, smoking, lost keys, collection of rents or other services rendered.
- No items or linens are missing from the unit and all beach items are rinsed of sand and returned neatly to their places. Linens and kitchen items may not be removed from the unit! Beach items belong to the owner of this unit and should be returned to the unit.
- The renter(s) is not evicted by the owner, agent or representative of law enforcement, a security company or employee of the owner/agent or Barrier Dunes.
- No parties or receptions allowed.
- No firecrackers or other hazardous materials allowed on the property or in the unit.
- The unit is inventoried and inspected before and after each occupancy. If damage or missing items exceed the deposit, Renter(s) agree to pay such damages and any associated collection expenses upon receipt of damage notification.
- All property and community rules and regulations that are posted MUST be followed. NO UTILITY TRAILERS ALLOWED.
- You must STAY OFF THE DUNES! It’s Florida Law and the fines start at $500!
- All check out procedures are followed.
REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE
Repair and maintenance problems must be brought to Manager’s attention within 48 hours of occupancy or occurrence, Renter(s) will be held liable for all such damages or repairs. Upon notification, management will coordinate repair. Management will not give any reimbursement to guests for maintenance issues. Management is not responsible for any unauthorized expenses incurred by Renter(s) or his/her guests. Cost of needless or unauthorized expenses will be charted as Excess Damage Cost against the deposit and if the damages exceed the deposit amount, guest agrees to promptly pay the difference.
- All garbage and discards should be removed from the unit (including the refrigerator and freezer). Please take all garbage to the outside garbage can and be sure to secure lid! Garbage is picked up under the unit. Do not put the garbage cans at the street.
- If more than 1 load of towels was used, they should be washed, dried and returned to the linen area outside the laundry room. It is helpful if you can start another load of laundry prior to departing.
- All pots, pans and larger items are washed and put neatly away. All soiled dishes should be put in the dishwasher and the dishwasher started. If time permits, it is helpful if the dishes are put away (not required!)
- Door key should be returned to the lockbox and all original keys should be returned to the key location. All doors and windows should be locked.
- All movies, beach items, games, furniture etc. are left in the unit in their proper place. All beach items need to be rinsed and neatly returned to the appropriate place.
- If you smoked outside, all ashes and butts are safely disposed of and the ashtrays rinsed and returned to the appropriate place.
- All appliances are turned off and the grill is clean and covered and the grill tools cleaned and returned to the correct spot!
Once Renter(s) deposit is received, all other perspective renters are blocked from renting the Rental for the dates reserved, therefore, if renter(s) cancel the reservation at any point, the security deposit is not refundable. One half of the rent is due 60 days from the check-in date and the remaining balance is due 30 days from your check-in date. Cancellations between 30 and 60 days of check-in will forfeit one half of the rental payment in addition to the deposit and cancellations within 30 days (60 days for rentals of 2 weeks or more) will forfeit the entire rental payment and deposit.
EXCEPTION: Once you notify the management that the reservation is canceled; every effort will be made to re-rent the property. If the property is rented for the same time period and the same rental amount, the full rent, less a $100 administrative fee, will be refunded. If the unit is re-rented for a lesser amount, the difference between the two rental amounts and less a $100 administrative fee will be the refunded amount. The minimum cancellation fee is the security deposit and a $100 administrative fee. ** If you have concerns about unforeseen cancellations, you may want to consider private “trip insurance” with a private carrier such as www.insuremytrip.com. There are many companies that provide this insurance, and management does not endorse any one company. **
HURRICANE AND STORM POLICY
No refunds will be made for inclement weather. Refunds will be given only if:
- The Gulf County Board of County Commissioners orders a mandatory evacuations of Cape San Blas or Barrier Dunes in a “Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning Area”, and/or
- A “mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning” area.
In these cases, we will refund:
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered.
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive and wants to shorten their stay to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; or
- Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the “hurricane warning” period.
The maximum number of overnight renter(s) and guests is in each rental is outlined in the contract. This includes adults and children. Each overnight renter and guest must be listed on this contract when it is signed and returned! The Renter signing this agreement must be at least 25 years of age and will be held responsible for all other parties and/or guest of the Renter for compliance with this Agreement, with listed policies, ordinances, rules and regulations and for losses incurred by Manager of the Property due to negligence or vandalism.
For your convenience, all beds are made except for sleeper sofas. Linens are provided for the sleeper sofa. A set of towels is provided for each guest and an initial supply of toilet paper, tissue and paper towels. There is no daily maid service during the reserved time; however, a broom, dust pan, mop and vacuum and a washer and drier are all available in the unit. Renter(s) may wish to bring additional toilet paper, paper towels, kitchen garbage bags and any beach towels you need. Linens should not be used on dogs or removed from the unit for any reason or removed from the unit or be used as beach towels.
There is an outside shower under the carport to rinse off. Please utilize the outside shower to keep excess sand and dirt out of the unit. Dogs should be rinsed and dried outside only. If dogs are washed inside the unit, extra cleaning fees may be accessed. We realize it is impossible to keep all the sand outside, but we would appreciate your helping us to keep the unit nice by rinsing off before coming inside!
For your convenience phones are provided. Local and continental US calls are free of charge. Cell phone service is not very dependable on the Cape. You may wish to bring a calling card for other calls on your vacation at Cape San Blas!
APPLIANCE AND UTILITY FAILURE
No refunds will be given for appliance or utility failure. We will make every effort to remedy any problems that may arise in as timely a manner as possible. You can expect a courteous and professional attitude towards problem solving. Please make every effort on your part to remedy the situation. Unusual and unnecessary service calls will be billed to the renter(s).
ACCESS TO UNIT
Renter(s) authorize owner(s)/agent(s) personnel access to the unit to verify that all terms of this agreement are complied with and to do necessary maintenance.
Please return the original key to the lockbox to avoid being locked out! Requests to open door as a result of a lost or misplaced key will result in a $100 fee. Failure to return all keys will result in a $30 charge PER KEY.
There will be a $100 charge for all returned checks or other type payments that do not clear.
INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS
Renter(s) agree to indemnify and hold harmless B&D Beach Retreats, Cape Beach Vacations and/or the owners of the Property against all loss, damage, expense and penalty arising from any action of the Renter(s), Guests of Renter(s) or pets brought by either Renter(s) or their guests which causes injury or death to any person or damage to any property. Renter(s) is encouraged to secure the appropriate travelers or vacation insurance and/or renter’s insurance.
ATTORNEY’S FEES AND COSTS
If Owner/Manager employs the services of an attorney to enforce any conditions of this Agreement, to collect any amounts due, the evictions of the Renter(s) and/or Guests of Renter, or because Renter takes any action to recover deposits not due, Renter shall be liable to Manager for reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred by Manager.
ACCESS TO PROPERTY FOR SHOWING
If property is placed on the market for sale, Renter agrees to allow the property to be shown to prospective buyer(s) upon reasonable notice to Guests.
SHORT TERM RENTAL
It is expressly understood & agreed that this is a short-term vacation rental under the provisions of Chapter 509, Florida Statutes, & is not a lease or other long term residential tenancy agreement. This Agreement is only for the licensed use of the Property for the stated Term. It creates no property rights in Renter(s) or Guest(s) & no rights to renewal for recurring usage.
UNAVAILABILITY OF PROPERTY
In the event we determine the rental is unavailable, sold or uninhabitable for your scheduled vacation due to maintenance or other unforeseen problems, you will receive a full refund and we will make every effort to assist you in locating another property.
Any reservations obtained by providing fraudulent information will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment and deposit money and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
This Agreement is binding on, and the benefits inure to, the heirs ad personal representatives of the parties. However, neither this Agreement nor any rights hereunder may be assigned (in whole or in part) by Renter(s).
Every effort has been made for accuracy in our advertising, including our website; however, we are not responsible for errors and omissions. As our properties are individually owned, all décor and home amenities are subject to change at the discretion of the homeowner. Should you have a questions regarding a specific amenity please inquire prior to booking as refunds will not be given for items not in the unit. Rental data is subject to change without notice. Rental terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
This Agreement is made in, and shall be governed solely by the laws of the State of Florida and Chapter 509, Florida Statutes. Venue for enforcement shall be Gulf County Florida. If any section, clause, paragraph or term of this Agreement is held or determine to be void, invalid or unenforceable, for any reason, all other terms, clauses or paragraphs herein shall be severed and remain in force and effect. This Agreement is taken in full compliance with federal, state and local Faire Housing Laws, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, country of origin, handicap or familial status. Guest is to be mindful that this Property is located in a residential neighborhood. Guest is expected to be courteous to residents and guests, to be respectful of the rights of others and to not be noisy.
Trip Insurance Information
Unexpected events happen in life! Do not let them ruin your vacation. If you are concerned about cancelling your trip for any reason, there are a number of trip insurance companies that can protect your vacation investment. We are not affiliated with any of these companies. They each have their own policies and coverage and there are probably many other out there. We just wanted to provide this option so that you would have the option to purchase coverage in the event of an unexpected event: